Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My Little Raised Garden

The weather was BEAUTIFUL today and made me so excited for Spring and planting. My seeds from Gurney's came in the mail last week. Kaylee and I sat down and went through our seeds and mapped out what we are going to plant. We had fun making our garden plan. We even planted our tomato seeds in little cups. We did this last year over Valentine's weekend and they were the perfect size to set out when it was time. I just love digging in the soil and watching the plants grow. My soil in the raised beds is so rich and beautiful. I've tried really hard this winter to compost out produce scraps. A good friend gave me her Fall leaves and then another gave me coffee grounds that she had gotten from her favorite coffee shop. I just can't wait to see how everything grows this year.

1 comment:

Becki Madsen said...

So i must ask why you buy your seeds from Gurney's. Are they better than the store bought ones? I love your garden plan, maybe you can share your bounteous harvest since all I seem to get is one tomato.