Monday, February 16, 2009

Finishing Up Valentines Day

My title should read "finishing up Valentine's in Colorado" because we actually spent the Valentines weekend in Utah. Yet before I post all of the fun in Utah, I wanted to do one last post of things the kids did before we left on our trip. The above picture is Nathan's that he did in art. They were experimenting with chalk and shadows. I totally LOVE it and must find a frame for it.
Next we have the Valentines boxes. The kids missed their parties because we left early in the week. So they made and took their cards and boxes into their classes early. They are excited for tomorrow to get their boxes back. Anyway, Becca did a "Fancy Nancy" box. Nathan and Kaylee made soccer boxes.

I sure got a kick out of all the time the girls spent on analyzing which "kiss me" card would go to which boy. I don't even think the boys even read what their valentines cards said on them!



Speaking of boxes, we made a little package for our grandparents with valentines, pictures, and chocolate. We love you guys!!!

Then Rebecca had also made these neat clay heart necklaces in her art class. The teacher had them make clay snakes and mix the colors together and form hearts. Then they baked the hearts. They each made two so that they could wear one and then give one to a person that they love . I am the lucky winner of Rebecca's love necklace.

Stephen spoiled me with chocolates and a card before we left. He also did a cute heart attack on our mirror in the master bath that said, "Everytime I see you I get the same heart attack that I did when I saw you the first time" I still am wondering if that's a good or bad heart attack!?! Anyway that's how we finished the Valentines Holiday here. I'm excited to blog the Utah trip, but due to my tiredness "from the trip" I will do it tomorrow.


No comments: