Friday, February 20, 2009

Hands

This is one of my favorite photos. I have it framed in Jerrica's nursery. The hands are Jerrica's and my dad's. My dad is a carpenter and farmer. His hands are rough and scarred. His skin is tan from the many hours in the sun. When my kids or cousins see this picture they immediately know the hands are Grandpa Coley's. To me they represent a lifetime of hard work. Then there are Jerrica's sweet little white hands grasping my dad's. Can I just say one more time that I love this photo!!!

Now for the latest hands photo. Like I said in a previous post from our trip, we took many pictures that Sunday night at Alesha's and one of them were pictures of each family's hands. We probably needed a hand poser to position our hands better. You wouldn't think taking a picture of hands would be that hard, but let me tell you it was a little difficult for some to stick their hand in. But once again I can glance at the photo and tell which hand belongs to which family member, maybe it's because they are labeled! Anyway, I'm working on a little project with this picture for each of the kids and couldn't help taking a break and doing a hand's posting on the blog.


2 comments:

tren said...

I LOVE that, Shauna! I'm totally going to copy it with my family's hands! Also, your Valentine's ideas and date charms and everything you do with your family is just so cute. I want to be more like that. You've inspired me ;0)

Jedda said...

This is such a lovely idea! Thank you for the beautiful thoughts too!