Monday, February 9, 2009

Date Charm Bracelets

I found this idea in Family Fun back in the Fall and LOVED it. I then found these fun monogram bracelets in Michaels dollar section during Christmas and knew they would be perfect for this idea on Valentine's Day. Anyway here is the "idea", every time you go on a date you give your child a charm that represents that date so they have a memento. We try hard to do one on one dates with the kids. Sometimes they are expensive dates and sometimes they are right here at home. I just love spending that one on one time with each of them because they really open up and talk about EVERYTHING. Plus, I know that my time with them is fleeting. At any rate, I love this idea because they can remember the places we go and things we do together by the charms.

After school today the girls were ecstatic at their bracelets and the boys were wondering why they just got a key chain. I then told them that I would give them charm tokens to hang on their key chains and everything was all better. I think they just thought that they were not going on dates and getting jipped. Anyway the best place to find a plethora of charms is http://www.charmingldsgifts.com/. They have everything from movie tickets, ice cream cones, mixing bowls, to you name it. I just bought a big variety of charms after thinking of some of the activities we enjoy doing.

So let the charm dating begin!!!

2 comments:

Ryan M. Spillane said...

I love this "DATE" idea!!

Jedda said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea! Thanks for sharing where to find such beautiful charms too. You are such a thoughtful Mother!