Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Despereaux and Decorating

Since Valentine's Day is just around the corner we had to go see a love story. I had read the book to the kids about a year ago, and then Nathan and Kaylee just finished it on their own. I enjoyed reading it out loud because of Kate Dicamillo's style. She would write, "Now reader, do you really think a mouse could love a princess?" or "Reader, do you know the meaning of that last word? You better go find a dictionary and look it up..." I just felt like she was right there telling us the story. At any rate, we really enjoyed the book. However, as usual the movie was a little different, but the animation was darling.

Now for decorating! I think I put all my Valentine decorations out the middle of January. I just love holidays though. Anyway, just wanted to share a few. I love saving art projects from the kids that go with the holidays. They make fun decorations and bring back memories for the kids. I put this heart rabbit that Kaylee made up on a ledge. She was all excited that I still had it and was displaying it. I will probably be putting it up when I'm 80 thinking of my sweet Kaylee.


Then another favorite thing that I like to do with holidays is put up photos that go along with the holiday. Here is one of Nathan in first grade with his valentine box that he took to school that year. I love his toothless smile and excitement of his monster box with valentines coming out the mouth.
More pictures with the sweetheart box magnets on the fridge. Some of them I "have" to put in the boxes to remind me that they really "are" sweethearts.






Then last but not least is the picture of Stephen and I. I love this picutre of us and smile as the kids tell me "you look like your in love mom". Anyway, just a few fun decorations. I just love the holidays. The kids have loved their mailboxes this year. I will have to share them in another post.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Did you make those cute L.O.V.E. letters? I want them!! So cute.