Thursday, December 30, 2010

New Years Packets

I saw this idea on Dating Divas and thought that I would make my own version for my family.

New Years

I have packets for each hour on the hour that contains an activity of some sort.  One packet has a new Wii game that Aunt Kristy said we "HAD" to get.  Another has fortune cookies to signal its time for our Chinese food dinner.  One has a sheet for each family member to write down one goal and list one accomplishment from 2010.  Another packet has a timer game. 

Then one has two pictures of two places that we went this year.  I'm having each family member write down or tell something they remember about that day.  A friend shared this journaling idea with me.  She tries to do a couple of these a year to get the different journaling perspectives of her family.  Once she had a picture from a parade.  She said that one daughter recalled a cute boy whereas another daughter remembered the cotton candy from the day.  It's true that we each have such different memories from the same event.  I'm excited to see what the kids remember from the two pictures I have.  I'm excited to have them reminisce a little from 2010.

(So we just got invited over to a friends house for a New Years party ... I think I will change the times and have the kids do some of these packets in the afternoon.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this idea! What a fun way to make the evening enjoyable. Thanks for this idea!

Anonymous said...

What a fun idea!!!!