Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Waterslide

We went swimming today and the little girls were once again sad that they couldn't go on the waterslides.  Jerrica wouldn't even dream of going in the deep end, but Ashley on the other hand DREAMS of the day she can go on the big slides.  She LOVES the water and spends most of her time swimming underwater like a mermaid. 

Later in the afternoon, I was out working in the garden and the little girls came running over to tell me that they made their own waterslide.  I was like "Oh that's nice..."  Then I heard the giggles and laughter.  I turned around the corner and saw the mud hole at the bottom of the slide.  It WAS a true waterslide...

Waterslide2 Waterslide3 Waterslide

Ash told me "Mom, come and try it.  I will take a picture of you..." 

Sorry, I will NOT be showing that picture!  Some things need to stay private on a blog.  :)

7 comments:

Sarah said...

but you DID try it?? what a fun mom! :)

Kat said...

Well I'm glad there is a picture, even if it gets tucked away never to see the light of day. That's a moment your girls will always remember!

T.Irwin said...

ha ha ha ha ha! I love it! I love the creativity that so many kids are missing behind their video games.

and I love that you let your daughter take a picture of you on your turn down the slide.

Rama said...

What a good mom! I probably would have told them to stop, or at least made them change clothes. But YOU grab the camera and then JOIN them! YAY!

Unknown said...

I was dirty from working outside all afternoon, and I'm sure I didn't splash as big as Ashley would have liked.

I just can't ever resist those big eyes looking up at me and then the break I get from whatever I'm doing.

I know these times will pass way to fast!!!!!!!!

Meegin said...

I love that you let your girls get dirty like that! I have boys, so I wouldn't think twice. But when I saw the pictures I thought, "oh no! that sweet dress!" LOL I love reading your blog!

Maria Babin said...

that first mud picture is ah-mazing! i'll try to remember this next time my kids do something crazy and ask me to join!