Thursday, June 2, 2011

Library and Bookmarks

We signed up for our library reading programs.  Kaylee was excited to register in the tween reading program with her brothers this year.  We all loaded up on books and I picked up our two books that I want to read aloud to the kids this summer.  This is the first one and should be a VERY quick read.  It is about the life of a fourth grade boy that is a dwarf.  Each chapter starts out with the author asking you to do a task that Georgie is unable to do.  For example the very first chapter has you reach your right arm over your head and touch your left ear.  The author has a fun story line, but also gives you a glimpse into a life of a dwarf.  You can read more about it here -The Thing About Georgie
image
I DO enjoy reading to the kids.  We usually read after lunch, but then love to sneak out to the trampoline at night and read by flashlight.  It's just fun taking the kids into another world in their imaginations.  I will share the other read a loud here in a couple of weeks after we finish this one.

This year I'm doing the same thing with the older kids reading to their little sisters.  They each have a day of the week that they read to Ash and Jerrica.  I love that in the summer because it gives me a break from reading picture books to them, AND it's fun to hear the books that the choose to read to them.

We also made these cute bookmarks today for our summer reading.  You can find the instructions here on this blog - I Could Make That

Bookmarks4
 Bookmarks
I really don't think Kaylee can make something without posing 'like' the craft.
 Bookmarks2
Mr. Cool was good to sit and help his little sisters.  I sure love this boy!
 Bookmarks3
Well, I'm off to read MY book.....

5 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Hi Shauna, I love all your ideas. I'm saving them in case I'm ever blessed with a family of my own!

Dana said...

Love, love, love these! How fun : ) Thanks, as always, for sharing.

T.Irwin said...

I totally love this idea!!! brilliant!!

Km said...

I adore them!!! So sweet!

Unknown said...

How fun! I love these book mark ideas!