Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Random Update

I have got to get all caught up before July starts. 

The girls did a lemonade stand last week with friends.  They made $50, which is pretty amazing considering it was a Thursday and the lemonade was only 50 cents a cup.

Lemonade2 We have done a few projects.  Lanita made chia heads last week with the girls, and this week the grass hair has emerged.  The girls are quite excited to give them hair cuts. Chia

We also made our own mosaics with friends one afternoon. We learned that the more tiles the better.  I ended up putting diamond glaze over the top of them to give them a clear, raised surface.  They turned into nice little coasters for the kids’ nightstands.

Tile

Kaylee has been doing a basketball camp with a few friends from her basketball team.  I wish that she would love basketball more than soccer.  She is really good at basketball, but then again she is really good at soccer.  She is just an athletic little girl!

Bball Camp

We also had my brother’s foreign exchange student come and spend the weekend with us before she flew back to Brazil.  That meant a trip to Garden of the Gods.

Cactus2 Garden of Gods Garden of Gods2

Sunday we went for a nice evening walk.  I thought that I could snap a cute picture of the kids, but I forgot that I have Ashley and she can’t sit still with a normal expression.

Kids2(8x10)She only stood still for a second when Nathan told her to look at the bear in the tree.  She KEPT looking.  :)  The joke would’ve been on us if she really would have found one.

Ash And last but not least, I’m loving this month’s little page from the Friend magazine that we have on our fridge.  I read it and know that we can get anything done!

Poster 

Now I’m all caught up!

6 comments:

Angie White said...

I love reading your blog! I was in Colorado last month to get my mom moved out to Cali near me, and wanted so badly to meet you in person! Just thought I'd let you know!

Danen & Brittany Johanson said...

Hey cute lady!!! Looks like you have been BUSY!!! I wish I still lived by you so I could join in the festivities... How do I make the mosaic tiles?? I think I will have to make them. Love ya!!!!

T.Irwin said...

This is a nice update.

I always buy lemonade from the stands in my neighborhood. I remember when we made lemonade as a kid and we never sold any, so I always buy a couple of cups and then pay extra (as a tip).

emily and jared larsen said...

Your picture of your kids is beautiful--beautiful family! Do you have instructions on how your girls made the chia grass heads? Those are darling and look like a fun thing to do.
thanks,
emily

TOLIVER FAMILY said...

$50 is awesome!

Km said...

What a busy, fun and creative summer!!!!!!! I LOVE the pic with all of your kiddos.... Even with a super sweet silly face. :)