Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Backyard Spa Party

 It all started with this book - Fancy Nancy: Ooh La La! It's Beauty Day
 

image
As soon as we read this book, Ashley started the planning.  We decided to have it in my mom's backyard when we went to visit.  She wrote a little list of what we needed to pull off the party.  She was wayyyy into it, to say the least.  We had chocolates, soda pop, manicures, foot baths, a fan blowing our nails dry, cucumber rests, and most importantly NO BOYS!
 Spa2
Grandma had just bought Rebecca a perfume tray filled with perfume at an auction, SO we had a perfume station...
Sanford6 The Fancy Nancy book suggested putting marbles in the foot bath to massage your feet.  We gave it a try...


Spa3
I like this picture of my mom painting Kaylee's fingernails.  


Sanford2
The favorite center was the cucumber. 
Spa5 
Spa4
Thanks for the planning Ash, and thanks for hosting mom.  I'm sad that I didn't take any pictures of the pink balloons, streamers and cute sign the big girls made, oh well at least I got my mom's pic with the cucumbers.  :)


(BTW I think these Fancy Nancy books would make such a cute gift wrapped up with stuff to be used for a spa, or the Fancy Nancy cupcake book with supplies to make cupcakes.... )

2 comments:

Teachinfourth said...

This is one of my favorites you've posted yet!

Km said...

We just did frilly spa time too!!!! I love the little sweet perfume bottles and the zuc eyes!! What a special time to share... I wish we had family close to enjoy girl nights! Aren't girls so much fun?