Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Rock Work

Stephen is out of town and my parents are here.  They came to help me with a project while he is away.  I had Pioneer Sand come and dump eight TONS of rock for our backyard.

Friends say, “I can’t believe you have them work while they are here”  or “Let me take your kids while you do this project”.  In my head I think it is WONDERFUL for my kids to work right along with their grandparents.  They are learning from my parents.  They are sharing sweet conversations with them.  They are seeing the accomplishment of their work together.

Rock Rock2 Rock3

I wish that I would have taken a picture of Nathan with my dad.  They both teased each other non-stop and worked the rock pile together.  Mom and the big girls worked the pins and fabric roll.  We were all moving shovels!

Yes it may be a few rocks in a tiny shovel, but EVERYONE was contributing and can say that they helped do it.  We will look at all of those rocks and remember doing it together.

I enjoy seeing a relative help out one of the kids unload their dishwasher or make their bed.  My kids are usually grinning ear to ear having the help.  I hope that I will have enough energy and remember to work alongside my grandkids.

Work is good and the more helping, the better!  Thanks mom and dad,  and a big thanks to all of you kids!  You are awesome and TONS better than a landscaping crew!Rock5

3 comments:

Ryan M. Spillane said...

Why aren't you helping?? :) I want to see the finished look! Your kids are good workers.

[Stacia] said...

Every year for father's day our entire extended family gets together to help my grandpa split and stack his wood and to help my grandma with their yard. Out of everytime I see them throughout the year, this is my favorite, and we always grow closer. My oldest is 4 so he gets to work the farm with my dad sometimes but my others are too little still. I look forward to when they're old enough to work near their grandparents.
Beautiful Post!

Valeri said...

Love it. Love the concepts and thoughts behind it all, too. You're so good, Shauna.