Saturday, June 25, 2011

Drinks

We LOVE Sonic’s happy hour in the afternoon.  It gets us through many an activity if we know that there is a Sonic drink waiting for us at the end.

Sonic Sonic2

We also buy bags of Sonic ice for our own drinks in the evening.  Kaylee makes a yummy berry smoothie with the frozen berries from Costco.  We also love this drink found  HERE.  I keep a frozen stash to mix with Sprite.

I really want to try this recipe - Frozen Coconut Limeade.  I just keep forgetting to pick up Cream of Coconut when I go to the store.  I NEED to get it because I have also been craving a Coco Casa Cake.  I think I will whip up both this week.

But getting back to drinks, we ARE a drinking family in the summer!  Do YOU have a favorite drink that you enjoy in the summer?  We would love to try it!

3 comments:

Teachinfourth said...

I used to love going to Sonic...don't go as much anymore. There is a slush-type drink I make using a recipe I garnered from a place called Inta-Juice before they went out of business.

Love it.

Km said...

Looks cool, colorful and refreshing!!!!!

[Stacia] said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE drinks in the summer time! I came across this recipe the other day in the costco magazine and thought of you....
Watermelon Rasp Lemonade
6 cups watermelon cubes(seeds removed)
1/4 c raspberries
1 c water
1/3 c sugar
1/2 lemon juice

Put melon, rasp, and water in blender. Blend until smooth. Strain through fine-mesh strainer into pitcher. Stir in sugar and lemon juice until sugar dissolves. Refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour. Makes 4 servings.

Enjoy!