Friday, May 6, 2011

Random

I know some of you don’t like these random posts, but it is my blog and I like to throw a lot of random small things in a post.  :)

First off for Teacher Appreciation week, one day each of the kids had to take in a snack that they all combine into one big basket for the teacher.  It turns into a basket filled with homemade treats, fruit, chocolate, you name it.  My kids took in A&W for their teachers.  I saw the idea last year HERE and this was my version this year…

A&W

Then I wanted to share this quote.  I have two kids getting ready for try-outs at the end of the month and thought this would be great to print up and put on their bulletin boards. 

"When the time to perform has come the time to prepare has past"
                                                            Thomas S. Monson

THEN, I wanted to share another recipe, but it’s not really a recipe.  It’s just a dinner idea that my family LOVES.  We make little Slider Hamburgers and use dinner rolls as buns.  The rolls are so airy compared to the heavier hamburger buns.  They are the perfect size for the little girls, and the boys love seeing how many they can eat.  Anyway, Sliders mixed with a couple yummy side salads and its a meal my family is thanking me for.

image

And LAST but not least, I had to mention my fun Mother’s Day Brunch with Ashley’s pre-school this morning.  Ash has been talking about it for WEEKS, and has been practicing “You are My Sunshine…” and many other fun songs for the little program.  Ms. Rachel went all out and made it a special day.  I had Kaylee take a picture of Ash and I this afternoon so that we can remember this day…

Me and Ash    Me and Ash2 And that is yet another random post!

10 comments:

Jill said...

I love your random posts! It's fun to see what tidbits you share with us. Thanks for all your great ideas!

Tanya said...

I really like those pictures of you Shauna Rae - and the shirt is cute too!

tren said...

Have people really said they don't like your random posts?! I can't imagine that! (Well...maybe I can imagine one person saying that, if she reads your blog. I wonder if you know who I'm thinking of, and it's not me, but it's someone we both know...) Anyway, I love reading all your posts, even the random ones. I'm totally going to make sliders this week now!

Tiffany said...

I agree with Jill. That A&W thing is brilliant! Thank you, once again, for being awesome yourself :)

Mom said...

I love these pictures!

Ryan M. Spillane said...

I enjoy all your posts!! I LOVE the pictures! You two are so much alike:)
You look very beautiful!

Tia Hopper said...

I love your random posts! And love the ideas you share and love the pictures of you and your daughter. You are such a gorgeous woman! I love the red hair and freckles!

Annie Reed said...

Shauna - you radiate happiness in your picture. It truly is a stunning picture of you.

Km said...

I can't imagine anyone not enjoying your random tidbits of creativity and joy!!!! That is a neat teachers idea... Did you know in advance that they like root beer??

Deb said...

I love the A & W tag!! Thinking of doing it for parents night at basketball. Do you have a template I can use? How did you get the A & W slogan?

I appreciate any help you may be able to give!! Thanks for all your AWesome ideas!! :)