Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Palmer Lake Resevoirs

So I had a little melt down.  From Friday morning until Sunday morning I was consistently without two or more of my kids because they were with their friends.  I know friends are VERY important because they are to me, BUT I don't have very many years left with my kids, AND I'm stingy with family time, SO on Memorial Day I declared it would ONLY be our family spending it together.  I LOVED every minute of it!

We decided to take a picnic lunch up to the reservoirs at Palmer Lake.  It's a three mile round trip hike, with a pretty descent incline.  Yet, it is so beautiful!

   Palmer Lake3 Palmer Lake4 Palmer Lake5 

There was a really fun swing at the top reservoir.  The family just before us had an older daughter that told us her best friend had just been proposed to on the swing and she was bringing her family up to show them the swing.  I guess the boy had hauled all of the supplies and tools up the trail and made it for his girl.  My girls thought that was SO romantic as the older girl talked about it.  My boys just thought the swing was cool!

Palmer Lake2

It has almost become a tradition to take the Costco fruit sorbets on hikes, as our treat to cool off. 

Palmer Lake8Palmer Lake9

My favorite line of the day was from Ashley.  I was walking with her and a man nearby had just caught a fish.  We talked about how he was probably going to go home and cook it for dinner.  I then asked if she liked to eat fish, to which she replied,

"Dad, tries to get me to eat 'Tunie' fish and he doesn't even catch it.  He just opens it out of the can and thinks I will like it.  Maybe if he would actually catch a 'Tunie' fish, I would like it."

Absolutely beautiful weather for our hike!

2 comments:

T.Irwin said...

I love those 'ice creams' from Costco. Eric and I pick them up and love them!!!

Your family is too cute and growing up FAST!

Ashley Gerhauser said...

Could I get a copy of your oh the fun we will have summer cards?

ajgerhauser@yahoo.com THANKS