Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother’s Day

The weather was gorgeous over the weekend.  We took advantage of it and worked in the yard a ton, AND went on a fun hike.  The kids obliged me with a mother’s day picture while on the hike, of course it had to be silly faces….

Mothers Day Weekend

I was showered with treats and notes from Stephen and the kids.  I liked this one from Rebecca where she writes that I am “horribly nice”.  I just don’t know about that choice of adverb with the word nice.

Mothers Day Card As I sat there reading their notes and what they appreciate about me, I saw how each one appreciates me in a different way.  Rebecca likes me doing her hair, Jerrica likes me reading to her, Nathan is grateful that I take him to soccer practices and games…. Each one of my kids is different and has different needs,  AND I am so thankful that I can help them with those needs.

I must end with a quote that I noticed on a friend’s blog today.  It was from her Mother of the Year acceptance speech …

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved piece, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - - 'WOW-WHAT A RIDE!'"                --Author Unknown

I know that by doing all these little things for my family and friends, I will be used up and worn out, BUT I  know that I wouldn’t have it any other way!

4 comments:

Jaymerz said...

I love that quote, and the picture is so cute!!

Tiffany said...

me too! I heard Sister Hinckley said it (I saw it on goodreads) but I couldn't tell you what talk/book it came from so I can't be sure.

TOLIVER FAMILY said...

awww this is precious. what a treasure. love that quote

Kari said...

Hello there!

I've been following your blog for some time now, and I must tell you that I have many of your posts saved as favorites for "when I'm a mom."

Well, that could be VERY SOON because my due date for my first baby is this Friday, May 13th.

Your posts always make me so happy and excited for motherhood. You are a great example to me. Also, I just have to say that I'm a teacher, and I would LOVE if my students had mothers like you. You make the sweetest teacher appreciation gifts! :)

Happy (belated) Mother's Day!