Thursday, May 26, 2011

Gardening

My tomatoes are beautiful!  The hail hasn't hit them yet.  Remember how small they were in March as they were growing in my window sill.  Well,they are now at the top of the Wall of Waters.  I opened up the tops of them and put the cages in.  Here in a few weeks I will lift the wall of water over the top.

Tomato

And if you zoom in, you can see blossoms all over them...

Tomato2

As I watered them tonight with my Fish Emulsion drink.  I thought I would share that with you.  Fish Emulsion STINKS horribly, but plants love it.  I usually give my tomatoes a drink of it once a month.

image

As I was working in my garden this week, the wind just wouldn't stop.  I told Ashley that the wind wasn't good for anything!  She quickly piped up, "Mom, it is good for one thing, when you toot, you don't ever smell it because the wind blows it away."  That girl of mine is always thinking!

I needed the wind tonight as I was watering with the fish emulsion. I have pretty lilacs nearby the garden that I have to run and smell after using this stuff.  They are supposed to be my garden's wind break, but they also act as my nose break.

Lilac

No comments: