Monday, August 27, 2012

The Trunk

I tend to be a little sarcastic, and like to tease my kids.  Sometimes, … sometimes I may forget to say that I’m kidding….

We have a large old trunk that is part of our home decor.  Jerrica comes down today and points to it, “Is there really a dead man in there?”

“Who told you there was a dead man in there”

Jerra answers, “You told me that last year”

“And you believed me?!?!”

She then says, “YES, is he still dead in there?”

OK, now I feel like the horrible mother of the year that teases too much and has her little daughter freaked out about a dead man in her own house.  How many times has she walked by that trunk a little freaked out and wondering about its contents?!?  I am AWFUL!

4 comments:

jaacs said...

LOL! That is too funny! Sounds like something I'd do, too. Poor kid...but I'm still laughing.

The Hammond Family Blog said...

Lol!!! I love how kids take things so literal. Poor little one though. . .

Anonymous said...

That made me smile today!

Beth

Anonymous said...

You're.Just.Like.Your.Mom. ---I would like to see a whole blog on Shadow and your kitty.