Friday, August 17, 2012

Ashley Lines

She just makes me laugh with how she words things.  For some reason, (maybe because of all the older siblings)  she is just mature socially. 

When she started swimming lessons and met the teacher, who was this guy with quite a cool afro, Ashley proceeded to say, upon JUST meeting him, “I’m training for the Olympics, and you my friend are going to help me get there”.   I looked at the teacher, with a good luck with this one look.

The other day I was making her wear socks with her tennis shoes.  She was not happy about it and told me, “Mom, quit trying to make me dress and be like you because I really don’t want to have your style.”  She is just so quick with her thoughts and words.

Pinwheel

We were driving by my friend Angie’s old house.  It triggered memories and Ashley says, “Mom, what happened to Angie and her boys …”  After I explained where they moved, she says, “Oh man, I wanted to date that one boy of hers”  Kaylee then freaked out at her for being only six and thinking about dating.  She then tells Kaylee, “Its not too early to think about boys to date, that way you have a lot to date when you are old enough.  Kaylee, YOU should be freaking out though because your age is getting close to 16 and my guess is that you don’t have a list of any boys that you want to date.  Maybe you should worry about yourself!”

Blue Coconut Slush

She LOVES the camera and isn’t afraid to jump in any picture.  I don’t know how many pictures I have taken of the other kids that she has stuck her little face in.  Don’t these two expressions say it all…

Bec and Ash 

We were walking out of Lifetime and a really buff guy walked by.  Ash immediately commented to him, and then proceeded to beg Stephen to show his muscles and prove that he was just as buff as the guy.  Stephen declined to show the man his muscles and her older sisters were mortified at the scene.  :)

We were walking out of the Meet and Greet at school.  A girl waved at Ash all excited and said, “Hi Ashley”.  Ashley replies, “Hi, girl that I don’t know your name.”  Kaylee and I gave each other a look.  After we had past I explained to her that you don’t say that you don’t know her name, to which she said, “Mom, I needed to let her know that I really didn’t know her.  Why pretend to know her?!?”

Then my mom was on the phone telling me this story about a big snake she had found in a box.  I proceeded to say, “Oh that is so gross….. How disgusting….”  As soon as I got off the phone Ashley says, “What?  Did Grandma see her neighbor naked?”  I was like where are you getting that.  She then said, “you kept saying gross and disgusting, and that is the most gross thing I can think of to happen to Grandma.” 

She definitely keeps us on our toes and smiles on our faces!

6 comments:

Doug and Bethany said...

Oh my gosh I love her! Doug and I sure got a kick out of these stories!

Nicole S said...

I seriously loved reading all of these... What a character! My boys (except the youngest) are pretty much the opposite, choosing to remain silent. So glad you have a record of these comments. A real treasure!

Anonymous said...

Shauna, you know how much this one of yours cracks me up! Love her! -Melinda

Juf said...

Thanks for a good laugh to start off my day!

km said...

Ohhhh that last one about Grandma seeing her neighbor naked... hehehehehe... What a personality! It is going to be so much fun to think back to these when she is married someday!!

foreveryoung said...

I never comment, but this post had me laughing out loud, what a funny girl!!