Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Yard Work

I sooo enjoy working outside, I just wish that I had a maid cleaning inside.  ;)

We have been working hard in the yard and garden.  I love seeing how much things have grown and changed since we moved in.  Last week we went and picked up some llama manure.  I try each year to add a little of this and that to our garden soil, trees, flower beds….  Jerrica went with us, and spent most of the time thanking the llamas for their poop.

Llama2

Llama

We then dug and worked the manure into the soil around our trees and bushes.  Jerrica said A LOT of times that it was “really gross” to be using poop.

My peach and apple trees are loaded with blossoms.  The spring flowers are so bright and add such beautiful color around the yard.  It really is so colorful!

Yard3

Yard

Yard2 

My little garden girl helped me while talking non-stop.  She asks such sweet questions.  She found a pair of yellow garden gloves in my seed bucket, and thought that she was definitely a garden helper when she put them on. 

Garden Girl   My tomatoes have grown soooo much since they went out into the wall of waters.  I can’t believe how fast they grow when they get outside.   So much to do and so much fun in doing it!

Anyway, yard is getting pretty… house not so much!

3 comments:

Summer Spillane Jordan said...

I've adopted a new motto from an old farm gal out "if you've come to see me come anytime...if you've come to see my house make an appointment."
I want to live outdoors but then the inside sure suffers!

Tiffany said...

I don't write on here very often because this 6 kid thing is keeping me on my toes :) But I just want you to know that there have been so many times where I have just felt overwhelmed and a little "Agh!" with everything that a big family means. When I have had those moments, I have caught myself reading your cute little blog, and visiting all of the wonderful things you manage to do with all of your not-so-littles and how you keep a smile on your face (at least in pictures ;)) through it all. You, my dear, are an inspiration. I love your attitude, I love how you find the beauty and joy in everything. And I am so grateful that you have helped, in your own special way, to make my life easier. Thank you :)

Km said...

Comment above is just lovely and true!! You inspire us all!!!!!! I don't have a green thumb... Or an inside clean thumb either... That first pic is jus awesome awesome!