Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Kindness

I have had a horrible week and its only Tuesday night!  I am soooo excited to have Stephen home tomorrow.  Everything that could go wrong went wrong.  BUT thanks to sweet friends I have survived.

Kim especially was kind to us.  Our well went out yesterday.  No running water with a big family after sports practices equals A LOT of body odor.  Kim let us all come over to shower and get ready for bed.  It felt so good to be clean and have all my kids clean to go to bed.

I was also grateful for a sweet treat dropped off this morning.  It’s just little things that people do without thinking much about them, but how important they are to those receiving that sweet act of kindness.  I need to be better at “doing” those little things for others.  Sometimes you get so consumed with your own life that service falls by the side.

I recently read this quote in my latest book that I’m reading.  I have decided that it’s my new motto.  Love it!

“Kindness in another’s trouble - Courage in your own”

I have tried so hard to be brave through all that has happened this week, but it is really the kindness from others that has helped me through. 

(And yes $809 later our well is up and running.  I’m just sick that it happened right before tax day when we have to PAY a huge chunk anyway!  Ughhhhh )

3 comments:

km said...

the kindness YOU show in your everyday life is just remarkable AND inspirational!!! I'm glad you were able to receive back a little of kindness you put out in the world. I hope YOUR week gets better!!

Anonymous said...

You don't realize that you do kind things every day and your actions remind us to do kind things. You're amazing and I'm glad you have water once again!!

Trinette McCrary said...

I'm sure you give more than you think. Sorry you had such a rough week. Maybe that's why you weren't at FIT class. Maren and I missed you!