Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter

We had a snow day this last week, which made for a perfect afternoon of dying eggs…

Eggs Eggs2

These two white eggs turned into Kaylee’s favorite two eggs, using Grandma’s egg tie dye kit that she sent…

Eggs5 Eggs4 Eggs11 

Ashley had me take a picture of each and every one of her eggs because they were ALL so pretty.  I smiled as I was looking at her pink egg.  It doesn’t look oval, but misshaped.  Upon zooming in, you can totally see that this egg was QUITE cracked in its dying process.

Eggs7 Eggs8 Eggs9  Eggs6  Eggs14 I had to smile at Ash today.  The big girls had made deviled eggs to go with our dinner.  Ashley was abhorred that we would make something of the devil on “Jesus’ Day”.  She told Rebecca, “you could have at least waited until tomorrow”.

Eggs12

The boys don’t dye eggs anymore.  They just eat them.  However, I needed some chocolate bunny pictures with the kids for a little project that I’m doing next year with my Easter decorating.  It’s amazing how easy it is to get the boys to pose IF they get a chocolate bunny afterwards…

Choc Bunny Choc Bunny2 

And to finish out Easter, is the before church picture of the kids with their new dresses, shirts and ties.  I don’t know why Jerrica kept winking in ALL of the pictures, AND Ashley wouldn’t stop posing to save her life.  I don’t know if I’m going to be able to raise these last two.  They just wear me out! 

Easter 

Sure enjoyed our Easter week!  The Christ cards each night were a huge hit.  My sister, Alesha and her kids were here for some of last week so we did cards and treats for them as well.  It was fun to see them reading the assigned reading each night with their cousins that are close in age with each of them. 

Oh holidays are so much fun!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

The Easter bunny brought us the same chocolate bunny. Just don't let you kids use it to snuggle with at bedtime! It makes a huge mess!!!