Monday, April 23, 2012

Drowning FHE

We have the April conference that we can glean from for FHE and studying.  I loved this message and analogy from Ronald Rasband -

‘If you come upon a person who is drowning, would you ask if they need help—or would it be better to just jump in and save them from the deepening waters?  The offer, while well meaning and often given, “Let me know if I can help” is really no help at all.’

image

Isn’t that so true!  We wouldn’t stand at the side of the water watching someone drown.  NO, we would be jumping in, calling for help, or throwing a line in to pull them to safety.

So why do we stand on the side watching others drown in their problems.  Can’t we jump in and be their friend?  Can’t we throw them a meal or two?  Can’t we help a family member with their chores when we see they are having a tough day?  Can’t we find a way to ease their problems so the trial isn’t drowning them?

We must ask ourselves what we can, do AND THEN do it! 

(Of course Swimming is always a fun family activity for FHE after talking about drowning ;)  Oh how I enjoy my family!

2 comments:

Letti said...

Great analogy! I needed to hear this. What a great fhe!

Jamy said...

Okay, I am officially 'stalking' your blog now. ;) Love this so much! Thank you!