Sunday, April 1, 2012

Spring Break

We enjoyed such a warm Spring Break this year.  It was filled with family and friends AND lots of memories.

The start of the break all of the kids were off with friends.  Oh how they love their friends and have so much fun with them.  So many sweet moms out there creating such fun memories for my kids.  I DO know how important friends are for my kids, but I also know how important family time is as well.  My kids NEED time with grandma and grandpa.  They don’t get to see them as often.  So I loaded all of the kids up and we headed down to my parents last weekend.

We played basketball.

Basketball

Grandma Charla got the big girls all set up with a set of dishtowels to embroider on.  They have LOVED working on them during this break.  I think that embroidery teaches so many key stitches that can be used in soooo many sewing and craft projects.  Thanks again Mom!

 Embroidery

We played games one night.  I think games are so fun late at night because everyone is so giddy and full of laughter.

  GamesGames3 Games2

Driving is BIG at Grandpa’s.  The kids drive on the back dirt roads.  As soon as we turn on to the dirt roads, the kids start begging to be the one to drive.  Jacob got to help Grandpa do a job with the loader.

Loader

My sweet parents babysat the little girls while we skied and snowboarded.  Wolf Creek still had a 100 inch base so we had to take advantage.  It was Rebecca’s first time going with us.  Thanks to a private lesson, she was skiing right along with us in the afternoon.  She did awesome.

 Ski Ski2 

Stephen is an incredible snowboarder.  I have to pinch myself that he is mine, when I’m watching him show off on his board.  He is SO fun to watch.  Nathan is getting really good too.  Stephen commented on how much he had improved since their trip in December.  Nathan replied that he has been “watching” youtube videos.  He is so determined when he wants to do something.

Ski3

Grandma’s house is fun because of her books, movies, toys and treasures.  She had a wig that all the kids loved trying on.  I couldn’t believe how the wig totally changed their appearances.

  Wig

She also has fun toys that are different and the kids LOVE.  Jerra could play with this fabric piece doll for hours.

Fabric Doll

The kids always have to ride bikes up town to get a cheeseburger from Scott’s Store.  It’s about a 3 mile ride and the dogs tag along.  This time Ashley and Jerrica decided that they were going with them.  They made it to Grandma Jackie’s lane and decided that they would rather turn around and stay with mom and I.  Anyway, I don’t know if it’s the burger or the bike ride, BUT it is always a must when we go to grandma’s.

image Of course our favorite playground is another must do when we go to my parents’…

ParkPark2 Park3 Park4 Park6 Park7

We arrived home in time for more sleepovers and play dates with friends.  I’m starting to see that if I don’t take my family somewhere during these breaks, they are off with their friends. 

We did take one trip to Trampoline World to end Spring Break.  The kids always beg to go there every break we have.  I get so tired just watching them. 

Now back to school!!!!

1 comment:

Teachinfourth said...

It's funny that you've already had your spring break...ours starts at 1:30 today. I'm ready to head east to visit my brother.