Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Random

Another random post filled with randomness…

We finished our March Madness. Nathan won the $20 in our family pool.  I had to smile when Rebecca came home from school one day and said, “Mom do other families fill out basketball brackets?  Because none of my friends know what I’m talking about when I ask them which teams they picked” :)

March Madness

Kaylee worked hard on memorizing her states and capitals.  She had to label and correctly spell ALL of them.  She rocked and answered all of them correctly with just two misspelled on her school test.

States

I always ask Stephen when the gardener will start working on our landscape, or when the carpet cleaner is coming, or when the window washer will get here.  Well, the window washer showed up on Saturday.  It is no easy task either.  We have some huge windows and some really high windows.  So grateful for all that Stephen does for our family!

Window Washer Window Washer2

We pulled out the conference notebooks and enjoyed such an uplifting conference.  I love how it always re-energizes me.  So many stories and quotes that spoke to ME. 

Stephen took the boys to the Priesthood session on Saturday night.  Those boys sure love their dad!

Conference

This week for FHE I made little reading cards with a treat or activity that go along with each of the cards for the kids’ personal scripture study leading up to Easter.  I wanted to do this to get my kids into their New Testaments this week.  I want them to read accounts and miracles of Christ.

Easter Reading 

Each night we pull out the basket before the kids go up to bed so that they can get their little reading card.  I can’t believe the reaction to the cards.  The kids have LOVED them and thank me EVERY night.  I am thanking them for reading and doing the cards.  It’s just a win win!

Easter Reading2

I did the swedish fish with the accounts of feeding the multitude with 2 fish and 5 loaves of bread.  Another night was the story of the ten lepers and a cute thank you card that they had to write to someone that had done something for them.  I’m excited to give them tomorrow’s card!

And last but not least, I have had a few friends tell me that I need to watch Downtown Abbey from Masterpiece Theater.  I have never liked the Jane Austin movies (they seem slow to me) and so I didn’t think I would enjoy it.  However, I have LOVED Downtown Abbey.  It has been fun to escape into that time period each night and see what the characters are up to.   Check it out on Netflix!

image

And that is yet another VERY random post!

19 comments:

lindsy said...

You are an amazing mom. I'd love to see the rest of your scripture cards when you finish :) Thanks for the inspiration!

Maria Babin said...

what a fabulous idea! i'd love to see all your scripture cards. it's too late for this week, but i'd love to do this activity next week with my children!

Just Another Mummy Blog said...

My girlfriends and I do a weekly Downton Abbey night! Love it!

Anonymous said...

I would also love your scripture cards!! My little boy is too young to do this right now, but I'm keeping a file. Thanks for all your inspiration!!

T.Irwin said...

I like random posts. :)

Yay for Nathan on the $20 win.

I ask my husband about the gardner and dry cleaner showing up to our house, too. LOL! too funny.

AND: Masterpiece Theater is my favorite! I love watching the various presentations they do on classic books I've read. I have not watched Downtown Abbey, but many have raved and I will probably end up trying to catch up.

Kim in AZ said...

I would likewise LOVE to see your cards when you are finished. They might be fun to use next week to cement the real meaning of Easter - or to file for next year. :)

Sherri said...

The scripture cards sound absolutely awesome!!!
But....then again...your whole blog is awesome!
I am thrilled to have found it!!

Teachinfourth said...

Wow, your family is constantly on the go, aren't they?

nichole said...

you are amazing. I would love to see all of your scripture cards as well. Thanks for all the ideas you give to us and for me so fabulous.

Alison said...

I would love to see your scripture cards as well. Thank you so much for sharing all your amazing ideas!

Your kids are darling in their new Easter clothes. Such a beautiful family!

Heather said...

Your scripture cards are such a great way to motivate kids to get excited about reading the scriptures! I know I'm about the 11th person to ask, but I would love to see the rest of the cards, too. It would be so fun to do next year.

I've been reading your blog for a few years now and it just dawned on me that we both have 2 boys and 4 girls! It's so fun for me to see a family like mine.

hayley said...

I just LOVE your blog!! you have so much fun with your kids! i would also love to see all of your scripture cards. mrspotts0817@yahoo.com

Lisa said...

I love your FHE ideas and have 'borrowed' most of them with great success, with that being said would love to see all of your scripture cards too!
thanks for a delightful blog :)

Lisa said...

I love your FHE ideas and have 'borrowed' most of them with great success, with that being said would love to see all of your scripture cards too!
thanks for a delightful blog :)

terryandkori said...

I'd love to see all the scripture cards as well. What a neat idea!

Interesting-Christian-Teenager said...

I love Downton Abbey too! :D

Interesting-Christian-Teenager said...

I love Downton Abbey too! :D

Anonymous said...

Did you ever decide if you might be willing to share your scripture cards for your Easter activity? :)

Chris French said...

I'm also interested in the Scripture Cards! Would you be willing to share?