Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Hearing

In the evenings I love to hear….

  • The kids pounding away on the piano with their lesson songs
  • Jerrica reading her books out loud
  • Rebecca and Ash playing pretend
  • Nathan narrating a play by play of his practice or some funny story from the day
  • Jacob’s trumpet blasting a scale
  • Details from a practice or class that they just got home from
  • Kaylee begging to make a treat and then acting like she is doing a cooking show
  • Rebecca singing at the top of her lungs on her karaoke machine
  • Chores being done with loud clangs of dishes or the hum of the vacuum

I know it sounds like  A LOT of noise, but someday the noise will be gone, which will mean that my kids will gone.  The noise is them, and I love it!

2 comments:

Katy @ Live Laugh Love Craft said...

Ahh, you've got me crying.. When they are babies it seems like our days with them will never end. But I know at some point it will be like a snap of a finger and they will be on their own.

Mom said...

How true this is! How I wish I had the sounds of all my kids back again! But, do you think my age would let me be patient enough to handle all the noise?