Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Crush Party

Our party was canceled and is in the process of being rescheduled.  :(  We had a huge blizzard blow in on Friday night.  School was canceled and all the Saturday basketball games were canceled.  Stephen and I were still going to have it, BUT after talking to a few of the couples in the forest we decided that we shouldn’t make them drive out on a night like that.  We were sad but look forward to having it.  I’m hoping that we will be able to do it the first weekend of March, AND I am STILL going to use my Valentines’ stuff I bought for it. 

ANYWAY, I was hesitant to post about the games on my blog because it would give it away for those that are coming.  Yet, it is so much easier doing a post rather than responding to each email and comment.  BUT after thinking about the couples coming, I don’t think any of them even read my blog, AND I know that some of you are having parties this weekend and wanted ideas, SOOOOOOO….

We went with the CRUSH theme and each of the games fall in a category of the letter.  The first is C and stands for Communication.  My sister that lives in Utah HAD her party last weekend and did a fun thing before the party for communication points.  She texted all of her girlfriends that were coming and told them that their husbands had to text Alesha (my sister) back.  The first and second husband to do so would get points for their couple’s team.  She was amazed how quickly she got the husband texts.

Here is the breakdown of the other games…

 Games2 

Here are the two posters for the people recall game.  I try to mix musicians, athletes, politicians, church, actors…  Couples have to write down as many as they can from the two posters.

Games

These are the questions that we were going to use for the Newlywed Game….

 Games3

Anyway, hope that helps those of you finishing up your party plans, AND if any of you invited to my party are reading any of this … I’m deducting points from you when we have the party!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this idea! I found it too late to do for valentine's, but am thinking I can tweak it for later! Quick question -- how many couples do you recommend?

Love all the valentines your family is doing! Adorable!

Kate

km said...

WHAT A BLAST!!! I don't even want my husband to know how much I spend on my hair... hehehehe... GREAT IDEAS!!