Friday, February 17, 2012

Last Year

Jerrica for some reason has the word “yesterday” mixed up with “last year”.  We have tried correcting her to no avail.  What’s funny is that she uses the wrong words daily and it just sounds wrong.

  • “Mom, I cleaned my room last year.”
  • “We had these same snacks last year.”
  • Can we do what we did last year?”
  • “I don’t want to go, we went there last year.”
  • “Why were you mean to me last year?”

The time frame just doesn’t sit right with the stuff she says, and it always brings a smile to me.

2 comments:

Katy @ Live Laugh Love Craft said...

I had to laugh at your post. My 3 and 4 year old daughters say "last night" for EVERY amount of time. If it was a movie we watched a half hour ago? It was last night. :) Cracks me up!

This Place is a Disaster! said...

My little one's seem to have all gone through the "laster-day" phase!