Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Unbroken

So I went on a little trip with my sisters.  Alesha flew into Denver and we then flew together to Nashville.  I love flying with Alesha because we get so silly together.  I was busting up laughing, and I’m sure I drove people around me crazy.  Alesha is also very creative, so it was fun sharing and talking ideas.

We were kinda backwards and had a tourist from Japan that happened to be in Denver take a picture of us.  Yes, usually the tourists ask you to take the picture, but we reversed roles.  He ended up taking A LOT of pictures from all different angles.  We felt a little like airport models on a photo shoot.


Airport OK, maybe we look a little more like tired moms rather than airport models.


Anyway we talked before the trip, about the long flight and the books that we should bring to read on the flight.  Lee had just finished “Unbroken” and loved it.  I needed to read it and after hearing her recommendation decided that would be the book I would read for this trip.


image
Lee read the preface out loud to me and that was all that got read.  Yes, we like to talk and reading just doesn’t happen when we are together.  Why did I think it would?


Well since I have been home, I have been reading at night and not blogging.  “Unbroken” is such an incredible book.  I highly recommend it!  It is filled with history, and a soul that just doesn’t give up.  The resilience of this man is just amazing.  A definite must read, but not when a sister is around.  :)


Here is a link to- Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was a fun sister trip, it was like we were silly teenagers again giggling at ourselves. Glad you liked the book. Amazing what a human being can go through.

love ya,
Alesha