Monday, February 27, 2012

Detective Parties

A few weeks ago Jacob was invited to a spy birthday party.  He was quite excited and I think it had something to do with the girl that invited him being so cute.  ANYWAY, there were about 12 boys and girls that went. 

Detective 

The mom had went all out for the party.  I wish that one of my other kids had went because then I could have gotten more details out of them.  Jacob is not one to elaborate or give me too many details.  He did say that as soon as they all arrived they played a white elephant type of game with numbered shirt boxes.   Each box had a costume and identity card that explained who they were for the night.  You could keep the box you opened OR steal from someone else.  Jacob was “Honolulu Harry” and had a Hawaiian shirt with a lei for the night. 

I guess the kitchen was Italy and they had dinner in there with a game.  Each room was a different place and contained a clue to help them solve the mystery.  My good friend went with me to pick Jacob up that night.  She was too busy teasing him about what game was played in the dark closet, for me to get any more details.  He had a blast though, and I tucked the ideas away for a birthday party for Rebecca.

Speaking of Rebecca….

Detective2b

She went to a fun Detective Book Bash on Friday.  She is wayyy into this detective stuff right now and she and her friend had a BLAST.  They had a fingerprint station where she got a little kit to take fingerprints.  A police detective talked with them about how to be a great detective.  She wore a disguise and got another disguise.  One station they had to figure out a little mystery with who, what, when, where and how using this book- 

image

Rebecca’s clue sheet for the book cracked me up with the descriptions and names that were from the book.  At the end, they each got a book of Sherlock Holmes, a small clue notebook, and magnifying glass.  The librarian did an incredible job.

I’m kind of excited to put all of this together for a little birthday party for Rebecca and her friends this summer.

2 comments:

Carol said...

I LOVE that spy party idea! Is it a kit or did that dear mom think it all out herself? I would LOVE to do something like that for my sweet young preteen!
Thanks for sharing!

Km said...

What fun!! We love all things SPY and DECTECTIVE around here!!! I adore her costume!