Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Valentine’s

We have been working on Valentines.  Rebecca is WAYYY into spies and detectives.  We decided to do little teeny, tiny valentines with magnifying glasses to read the valentine.  I saw the idea on creative Katherine’s blog HERE

This was our version…

Valentines

The note inside said,

Who?  You

What?  Happy Valentine’s Day

When?  Today

Why?  Because Rebecca said SO!

Rebecca had so much fun making the teeny, tiny envelopes and then sealing them with mini heart stickers.  We then stuck them to the magnifying glasses with a touch of glue.  She is so excited to hand them out, which makes me excited.

For Ashley we did blow whistles.  The whistle has such a fun roll sound to it.  She sat there blowing “her” whistle the entire time she was pushing the whistles into the hole on the cards.  I saw her idea HERE.  We were going to put a picture of her blowing a kiss, but she insisted on blowing a whistle in the picture, and it is HER cards.  (Sometimes that is so hard for me to let them do “their” idea and not my own)

Valentines2

Kaylee has crazy straws that she is doing.  I will have to post hers when she finishes. 

SO love this time of year and all the sweet notes that are given!

2 comments:

Libby said...

I so love the photo of her with her blowing her 'lips'! (b/c I work with a tyke who I'm trying to reduce his spontaneous kissing of girls I prefer the non-kissing look)

km said...

Isn't this such a fun time of the year???! Your valentines are just precious. PRECIOUS! handmade valentines just melt my heart! Something I didn't even think about--- we should save one valentine from each year?! You probably already do that! At least I have photos!