Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Weekend Update

We loved visiting all of the family that came into town.  This little guy was like a toy for my kids to play with.  They couldn't get enough of him and kept asking me to have one more little boy baby.

Gid6 

Friday morning we loaded up the family and treats and headed off to see "Rio".

image

Then we drug everyone around to see Jazz practices, volleyball games, soccer games, and swimming.  Jacob was excited to go swimming one morning with Aunt Lindsey and Grandma Brenda in tow, to help give him pointers.  I wanted all of the grandparents to see the kids in their various activities that they are involved in, but it sure made for a busy weekend that didn't have much sightseeing.  We were VERY lucky to have ALL of the games in Colorado Springs for the weekend.  In fact, Kaylee and Rebecca's games were at the same field within an hour of each other.  Perfect for grabbing a Subway picnic between the games.

Rebecca Soccer2 Nathan had two games this week.  One was Copa vs Predators.  They are actually in the same division this season.  He enjoyed that game because so many of his friends from school are on that other team.  He is just so fun to watch with all of those fancy moves that he does.  The moves buy him extra time to make some really good passes and plays...

Nathan Soccer5 Nathan Soccer3 Nathan Soccer4

We went to Carrabba's on Saturday night.  I wish Carrabba's would come and cater a meal here at my house each week...

image

I sat there eating with Steve's parents and mine, AND was thinking and hoping that I get along well with all of the in-laws that my kids marry into.  You do so many things with the other side of the family after marriage.  A wise woman told me once that I don't have to "like" who my kids marry, but I do have to "love" the person they marry, or else I will lose my own child.

I'm lucky that I really love my mother-in-law.  She is such an amazing woman.  I watch how patient she is with Steve's sister, and just don't know how she can always be so calm and sweet.  I'm very grateful to have her as an example to me, and for the amazing son that she raised and that I married!

1 comment:

Teachinfourth said...

Carrabbas = Amazing
Rio = ?

I have never seen it and you didn't give us any hints either...what's up with that?