Thursday, April 28, 2011

Thompson Ledger

So we are always borrowing money from one of the kids.  There is always a field trip, teacher gift, tournament that someone needs cash for.  Then AFTER I pay back whomever lent the money, I always get, “you never paid me back mom…”  SO I end up paying the child AGAIN.  Or maybe it is forgotten and the nice lender is never paid back.

The other aspect is when we are in a store and one of the kids want to borrow money and then I forget to have them pay me back.  To end all of this headache, especially this time of year, I created a Thompson Money book….

 Money Book

It has a page for each of us.  Then columns for the date, reason money is being exchanged, two places to initial for both parties, and then the amount.  This way I can prove that I HAVE paid them back, and each of the kids can keep track of their money that they loan out.  It is basically a loan or I Owe You book, so that money quarrels won’t be quarrels anymore!

And you better believe that I’m keeping track because I’m tired of paying back twice!

2 comments:

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

great idea!

T.Irwin said...

good idea....one that many should use just to help learn how to keep records.