Sunday, November 14, 2010

Weekend Update

Jake and Nate went to a fun night over at the Wright's.  When I dropped them off I could see the big bon fire going with boys gathered around.  Sean was organizing a little basketball round robin tournament for the night.  It just looked fun with all those boys.  I'm grateful for the good friends they have AND for willing parents to have them all over.

Saturday Nathan and Kaylee both had basketball games and won easily.  Kaylee and Nathan each had six points in their games.  I love watching Kaylee learn something and then apply it.  They worked on boxing out in their practice (that's putting your butt on an opponent to block them out from getting the ball), and guess what Kaylee would do each time the ball went up...

Basketball2 Basketball Here are a few more from Kaylee's game.  I LOVE the contact of the defense on Kaylee.  Her form didn't help her make the basket but her concentration sure did!

Basketball7 Basketball3 Basketball4

Then Saturday night we had two end of season soccer parties at ITZ and Mr. Biggs.  We divided up and enjoyed the company of all our soccer friends.  It is sad when the season comes to an end because we really don't see some of them until the next season begins.

Sunday the kids had their Primary program.  I was sooo proud of how well the kids sang their program songs.  Ashley belted them out from the front row.  I sure enjoy working in Primary right now and the opportunity to be with my kids. 

2 comments:

Mom said...

Kaylee reminds me of my little Shaunita at that age....a good basketball player, good ball handler,
aggressive, etc.!

Ryan M. Spillane said...

That little Red Head is growing up too fast!!!