Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Ash and Pictures

It always starts out by learning something new in one of my photography books or online.  I grab Ash before she leaves for preschool because she is ALWAYS game for taking pictures.

The first shot is always a little stiff and serious...

Ash4

Then the Ash of multiple expressions breaks out ...

Ash8

Ash9 Ash2Ash1 Ash5 Ash6

The last two I was playing with composition a little.  People think that you need everything dead center with border space on all sides, but I LOVE to crop in here and there.  I feel like it really DOES draw your eye in.

And for you photographers out there - just thought I would share these two articles.  Portraits that Captivate and Intruige AND Your Camera Takes Really Nice Photos.  They both talk about backgrounds, which looking at the above pictures next to the white wall is probably what I need to work on!!!!

1 comment:

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

very very cute! I don't know anything about photography, but your daughter is beautiful! :)