Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Gratitude Turkey

image

We are loving our gratitude turkey.  I posted about him last year.  He is filled with cards that I printed from Sugardoodle.  We draw one out at dinner each night and then have until the next night to show gratitude for whatever is on the card.  I like drawing them out the night before so we can prepare for whatever it is.

The cards have gratitude ideas from members of our family to blessings that we enjoy each day.  One that we did last week was "We are grateful for our home - find something to clean in your home"  I had the kids each clean out a drawer or closet.  It was a VERY cold day and we talked about how lucky we are to have a home to stay warm in.  Then someone drew out the card "We are grateful for our mother, serve her in some way".  One of the girls piped up that we better buy chocolate....

I LOVE the cards because they have such simple "doable" activities, yet remind us of the blessing that we have. 

13 comments:

Family Fun said...

I love this idea!!! I clicked on the link from your post last year and I can't seem to find it. Do you remember which category it was in or by chance some of the ideas that it had listed?
Thanks for all of your ideas and inspiration! You are amazing and are always sharing the best thoughts and ideas!
Thanks! Ginger rosesv@hotmail.com

Tanya said...

I'm glad you are my older sister and have already begun raising 6 kids. It makes it easier for me to copy all of your fun ideas for my kids to have as they grow up.

SPJ said...

I looked at sugardoodle as well and couldn't find the list. Which category should I look in?

Love your ideas.

Thanks!

Kori
terryandkori@earthlink.net

Unknown said...

I don't know why that Sugardoodle link isn't working. I emailed Melanie and got the original link. I forwarded it on to those of you that asked. If that still doesn't work, let me know.

Annie Reed said...

Shauna,
Would you please forward me the link as well. Thank you.

Vince and Jaclyn said...

I also would appreciate it if you would forward the link to me as well... Thank you!

emily and jared larsen said...

I would love the link as well--great idea. em@larsengang.com

thanks so much!

Anonymous said...

I would love the link. What a great idea.

Thanks!

sa_mcfadden@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

Jaclyn I need your email to forward it to you.

Renee said...

I'd love the link as well! Thank you! (I actually just emailed you to ask about the link!) Thank you. Renee daisy1282@aol.com

Ryan M. Spillane said...

I LOVE your turkey!!! Where did you buy it?

Janessa said...

I love that this activity encourages them to show their gratitude by their actions not just their words. Could I please have that link too? Thanks for being so inspiring, as always!
janessacazier@msn.com

Anonymous said...

I'd love the link to these cards as well, if you don't mind sharing one more time! Thank you so much!

Heather
gasstud@hotmail.com