Monday, November 8, 2010

Thankful Hands FHE

Tonight we talked about ALL of the many things we have to be thankful for.  We started out watching this clip and discussing how we are all so different and are grateful for different things.

Then I passed out these little hand books that I had whipped up.  Each person wrote on each of the five fingers the various things they were grateful for using the topic on the palm of the hand.  There were four pages - food, activities, people, and places.

Hands

We then each shared a few of the things we had written.  It was fun hearing the kids favorite foods and talking about how grateful we are just to HAVE food.  Of course a couple kids had to add (out loud) foods that they were NOT thankful for. 

We definitely are very blessed and need to be quick to express gratitude for all that we have.  I challenged the kids to thank Heavenly Father for AT LEAST five things in their prayers tonight.  Ash piped in that she would just READ her book to Heavenly Father. 

3 comments:

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

what a great idea :)

T.Irwin said...

You know of my struggles and strong feelings of frustration with the Church, but I was touched by this video.

Way back in Soland, not long after you were transferred and I had a new companion, I kept and "I'm grateful for..." list. Each day I would write down one thing I was gratefule for that day. I still have the list of 14 months of gratitude. I love to look through it. And in November, each year, this is what I do...each day I list one item I'm grateful for. I love doing it.
It's so important to teach kids to be grateful for what they have. Great lessons!

T.Irwin said...

I meant to say Solanda (by the way). :)