Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Garlic Gardening

I LOVE to garden and have been sad getting my garden beds ready for the Winter. 

I DO love the fact that I can still plant something NOW.

Garlic

GARLIC,

Because it is a bulb like tulips and daffodils, you plant it in the Fall and then harvest it in the Spring.  I cook with garlic ALL the time so it's a must to plant. 

There are many types of garlic.  I like the "Spanish Roja" garlic.

Jerrica helped me break apart each of the little bulbs and plant them.  We had fun digging in the dirt together.  Anyway, try garlic gardening if you haven't!

3 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Really?! I guess I'm kind of ignorant, but I had no idea you could grow garlic in your own garden! Since I live in an apartment, any gardening endeavors are very limited, but I'm always keeping my eyes out for new possibilities. And this sounds like a good one! Do you just plant the cloves?

Unknown said...

Yes you plant each clove. Your local gardening store will have quite a selection of different kinds of garlic bulbs to choose from. The taste of some are a lot stronger than others.

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

so cool!!! I am going to try it, we could with garlic all the time as well. Thanks for sharing :)