Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Buckets

I have LOVED Target's metal buckets.  I try and get nice baskets or buckets because it seems like there is always someone who needs a little happiness.  I got the big ones and filled them up with cookie mix, sprinkles, and frosting for Stephen's home teaching families.

Buckets

Then I got six of the small pumpkin ones for each of my kids.  I enjoy doing special invites for the kids to give to them for different activities.  It gets them excited for whatever it is.  The library did a special Halloween story night.  They had one room for little kids with stories and crafts and then another for older kids 8 and up.  They tell the stories by candlelight and have a table filled with scary potions and objects that they use.  I absolutely love this one librarian that is so animated and rats her white hair up just like a witch for this special night. 

ANYWAY, I'm getting carried away ... I stuck an invite to each of the kids with instructions to meet in our van at 6:30pm in PJ's if desired and WITH their new flashlight (that I had also stuck in their buckets).  Then I had Ashley go and deliver them to each of the kids when they got home from school.

Buckets2

I have one other bucket for Stephen, that I need to finish up for Halloween.

Buckets are just fun!

3 comments:

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

so cute!

sue said...

We love buckets as well. I actually got two frankie buckets as well and my boys have been carrying them around and filling them with random surprise.

Janessa said...

What adorable bucket fun! I love the way you make invitations to invite your kids to go on outings. You've totally inspired me. Yesterday I made some invites for our family Halloween dinner tonight. My kids LOVED them! You can check them out on my blog if you want:) www.piecesofour8lives.blogspot.com