Sunday, October 3, 2010

Denver ART Museum

Our family headed to Denver after Rebecca's 8 o'clock game on Saturday.  Jacob is taking art classes at Bemis School of Art during the week, but then gets jilted on Saturdays as we run around to soccer games.  So, we headed up to Denver for a "Jacob Day".

Art I LOVE art!  I love the creativity that others have.  I also love seeing so many different mediums that are used to create with.  Sculptures are always amazing to me.  This giant broom and dustpan were so fun to see.  Ash said that we need to get a broom like "this one".

Art2

They have a King Tut exhibit going on right now.  The kids enjoyed the King Tut activity area with Dad right there playing with them...

Art5Art6

Dreams of Being King Tut....

 

Art11 Art3

Art9b    Art7

 

Some wrestled and then hugged the crocodiles that were there in that area.

Art10 Art4

As some rested ON the crocodiles and thought their brother and sisters were crazy.

 Art8

There were those that wrestled with each other.

 Art13

Art14

And oh the interesting works of art that we saw.  One was a room that you could walk thru that was ALL red.  It really hurt your eyes.

Art17 Art15 Art16

We topped our day off with Cafe RIO, which is one of my favorite places to eat.  We talked about creativity and our favorite pieces as we drove home.  Later on as I was driving home after a couple evening errands and saw the beautiful pink and gold sunset, I thought of how creative our Father in Heaven is, and how it's no wonder his children are creative.

Today we watched conference and made these little yummies that you can see HERE.  They were sooooo fun to make and soooo delicious!

2 comments:

T.Irwin said...

totally love these pictures!! I really love the broom one because for a second I thought to myself, "that's impressive photoshopping!" ha ha ha ha!

Teachinfourth said...

That broom shot threw me for a second. I love these images you were able to capture.