Thursday, October 28, 2010

Denver Aquarium with Nathan

I try and do at least one field trip with each of the kids.  They go on quite a few (this was Nathan's third already this year) so its just hard to go on every one of them.  If I don't go, I DO try and send the field trip camera so that they can share what they saw and did.  I always smile as they show me a hundred pictures of their friends on the drive to the field trip and then a hundred more of each bird or each rock.  Well, yesterday I felt just like my kids.  I was taking a slew of pictures, of the fish at the aquarium.  They were just so bright and graceful that I couldn't resist!

Aquarium2

Nathan has quite a few friends yet didn't hesitate to hang around me, or drag me over with his friends.  He is just such a sweet boy!

Aquarium The aquarium was amazing.  Nathan loved the long saw fish, feeding sardines to the sting rays (I think they were sting rays, but they were probably something else since they didn't sting), and he enjoyed dissecting the squid with his class.  I just enjoyed the one on one time with him!  Can I just say again what a sweet boy he is. 

We ended the field trip with a late lunch at Park Meadows Mall food court.  It was great to have such a variety of food for everyone.  AND it was fun to visit with other moms and Nathan's friends.  I DO need to make a greater effort to go on more of their field trips than I do. 

Aquarium3

Thanks again Nathan for letting and wanting me to come with you!

2 comments:

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

Love the Denver Aquarium!

T.Irwin said...

I love the picture with Nathan.....The blue behind him is a perfect frame for his skin tone ... the photographer in me saw that.

It's a great picture and I'm sure you had fun.