Thursday, November 18, 2010

Count Down Box

Last year I saw this at my friend, Jamica's and couldn't resist putting one together.

Count Down

An old wooden pop box has 24 holes, which makes it perfect for a countdown.  I found little Christmas trinkets to fill each space.  Some are sentimental gifts, others were made by the kids at school, and others are just cute fillers. 

You wrap all of them and then each day one little package can be opened and placed on the shelf. 

We also have a felt countdown that the kids take turns moving Mary and Joseph.

image

Even when we read our Christmas book each night, the kids count how many books are left in the basket.  So that too I consider a countdown.  Oh, Christmas is such a fun time of year!!!! 

I'm off to finish wrapping my trinkets...

6 comments:

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

so cute, where did you get the wooden pop box?

Rachel Berry said...

Love the Pop bottle box!! Now I have a use for mine!!

:)Rachel

Dana said...

What a fun idea. I especially like the Joseph and Mary countdown. Where did you get it?
Last year I used your Christmas book idea. It was a wonderful thing to do together. The kids really looked forward to a new story each night & had fun looking through the books all throughout December. I can't wait to do it again thia year : )

Tanya said...

I can't believe you are already getting ready for Christmas. You wear me out!

Unknown said...

Dana,
It's from a company called Story Teller.

Maria Babin said...

shauna, with all of your fabulous, cute, fun family ideas i would LOVE to have you join my christmas link party http://busyasabeeinparis.blogspot.com/2010/11/christmas-ideas-for-children-des-idees.html
please share your wonderful christmas for children ideas even if they are old posts! thanks!