Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Jerrica’s Puppy Party

Jerrica just turned FIVE.  She wanted a puppy party. 

Birthday    

We made puppy invitations together, and she proudly passed them out to her friends.

Birthday6 Birthday7

We played “Who has the Bone”, “Cat, cat, cat, DOG” (basically duck, duck, goose), “Master says … Roll Over” (basically Simon Says), and then finished off the games with pin the nose on the puppy.  Jerrica has Jacob wrapped around her finger and he drew her a giant Pet Shop puppy for the game.

Birthday5

The big hit was the puppy shop.  They adopted a puppy and received all kinds of goodies to go with it. Birthday8

This shows the table of goodies better.  When we would fill out the puppy adoption certificate, we would ask if their puppy was a boy or girl.  Depending on what they would say, we would give a small pink or blue blanket out.  Then there were Scooby snack bones, a chew ball, and dog food (Trix cereal)  The kids LOVED this part, and apparently from talking with their moms, they still are loving their puppies.

 Birthday9  Birthday11 Birthday12

It was a late morning party so we served lunch.  I had found cute dog dishes from the Dollar Store and that’s what they ate their hot dogs, chips and macaroni and cheese out of.  I was planning on washing them for the kids to take home.  I smiled as some of the kids wanted them washed out so they could also eat their ice cream and cupcakes out of them.

 Birthday13 Birthday10

We ended the party with a friend that brought her cute black puppy for the kids to pet and watch his tricks.  I wish that I would have taken a picture of him!

My older kids were actually home from school on the day of her party, and I was THRILLED to have their help.  There were ten kids that came, and I couldn’t have done it without all of the help from my own kids.  It REALLY was a fun party to do.  HERE is a link to the Crafting Chicks post that gave me so many of the ideas.

This was one of her favorite gifts.  She tells me that I’m now a grandma.

Birthday4

Birthday3

We ended the night on a date with Jerrica at Sonic.  She went in her jammies and kept reminding us that all the other kids at home were jealous of her.  :)

Birthday2Ed

Sure love my baby and can’t believe that she is FIVE!

Jerra2

2 comments:

Nicole S said...

What a great party idea! Fun twist on traditional games, food and party gifts! You are such a fun mom!

tren said...

Oh, she's so cute! I can't believe she's FIVE! Jillian would LOVE a party like that, so I might have to copy you on this one.