Thursday, October 25, 2012

The Tree

Tree

This tree is in the front yard of a little church in Blackforest.  I pass by it everyday as I take kids to school.  I love how big it is and the shape of it.  I have enjoyed the bright yellow amidst all the pine trees. 

Today I pulled over to take a picture of it, because tomorrow it won’t look the same.  We have a snow storm blowing in, which will take a good portion of those leaves.

Fall reminds me of the book, “Freddie the Leaf”.  The seasons and inevitable changes that we all go through.

2 comments:

Christy Woolston said...

Years ago when we lived in C. Springs, we took our oldest son to a school in Blackforest. It was an experiential Charter School. Do you know if it is still running? I can't remember the name of it.

katherine marie said...

Stunning!!!!! Is Freddie the leaf the story about dying? I think that is one my dad used to tell us.