Monday, October 22, 2012

Fall Randomness

I wish Fall lasted longer than it does.  The bright yellows, reds and oranges found in the trees and bushes.  The perfect mid 70 degree weather!  Then of course all of the yummy Fall desserts filled with pumpkin and spices.  We have made pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, a layered pumpkin cake with a nut crust, peach and apple cobblers and of course good old pumpkin pie.

Pie

Jerrica was so proud of her pumpkin pie that we made together one afternoon.  She kept asking me to go and get the kids from school so that they could try it.

I read a lot in the Fall.  It seems like I’m always waiting a few minutes for a kid to finish a lesson or practice, and I make sure to always have a book there to wait with me.  I just finished this book, and didn’t want it to end.  It was so nice each day to escape into that time period with all of the characters.  I REALLY enjoyed it!

We have also been reading a slew of Halloween books.  Ashley has enjoyed this Junie B. Halloween one.  She even decided to be a clown this year because of it.

Junie B

Rebecca took this picture of Ashley and I reading Junie B together.  I’m glad she took it because it will remind me of these days together and that little finger pointing at each word.  I do enjoy snuggling with her and reading together. She makes me smile when she giggles at silly little things in her books.  Although after seeing this picture, I’m thinking my hands are starting to look older…. 

Reading 

The kids have had a blast with the leaves this Fall.  Some years we have an early snow and all of the leaves get wet and mushy.  This year we have crunched them under our shoes, made huge nests with them, and of course we have had a few leaf wars.

Leaves3 I wonder what is behind her back?  Surely not more leaves to throw at me!

Ash

We have also been busy harvesting and canning.  When I came home from my mom’s, I brought home a ton of her tomatoes and canned them with mine.  Kaylee and I made salsa, marinara sauce and had a little brushetta day.  There is something about the aroma when those sauces are simmering.  I really think I could drink salsa.

We finally picked all of our pumpkins from the garden.  The kids have already claimed which ones they want.  I miss seeing this big one out in the garden.  It always made me smile when I would drive in our driveway.

Pumpkin

Fall is definitely my favorite season!  I completely agree with L. M. Montgomery….

“I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.”

2 comments:

momMYsliceoflife said...

Sounds like ya'll are having a great fall! Its my favorite Season too, though I have yet to make a pumpkin pie! I better get on that!!! :)

tren said...

I love fall, too! That was a fun post to read,Shauna. I have a bunch of random stuff I need to get down, too. And, I loved Saving CeeCee Honeycutt, too!