Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Kaylee

Kaylee had an 8 o’clock soccer game Saturday.  Rebecca was still in Oklahoma with my parents.  Nathan had a game in Boulder and Jacob had a swim meet in Lakewood.  Stephen and I went off with the boys, and left Kaylee to babysit and entertain the little girls for the day.

I sat at the swim meet relaxing to the rhythmic sound of the swimmers warming up lap after lap.  I had the best book to escape into, and an icy drink to top it off.  Stephen and Nathan made it back to watch Jacob’s last event, and home we went.  We had been gone most of the day.

We arrived home to find a stack of board games that had been played in the living room.  There were remnants of popcorn in the loft where they had watched movies.  Pictures were stuck all over the fridge that had been drawn.  Then I took a look at my Kaylee. 

Kaylee

She looked exhausted and drained!  She stood there explaining all that she had done with the little girls and how tired she was.  I asked her if she was ready for bed, to which she replied, “No, I want to get out of this house.”  Oh how I could totally relate!  Working and keeping kids entertained at home is HARD work!

I told her to run up to her room and get fixed up, she was going on the date with dad and I tonight.  We were already planning on going out and to the movie.  A huge grin spread across her face and she quickly got all fancified to go out.

I sat there snuggling her by my side during the movie thinking how grateful I am to each of my kids.  They make it possible for me to spend one on one time with each of the other kids.  I was able to spend the afternoon with Jacob knowing the girls were in good hands with Kaylee.  I then could spend the evening with Kaylee knowing the little girls were safe with the boys.

Love doing things with all of the family, but also love and know how important it is to do one on one activities as well! 

1 comment:

k said...

such lovely reflections... I CAN RELATE to wanting to get out and get some space. Your daughter is AMAZING!!! What a wonderful blessing she is to your family. and, of course, what blessings they ALL ARE!