Monday, July 9, 2012

Water Bracelet

I sent the girls down to the craft shelves to find something, and up they came with plastic tubing.  “Mom remember when we made bracelets with this.  Can’t we make some more?…”  So of course our craft changed for the day and we made water bracelets.

Bracelet

They are fun because the water moves the mini beads around.  We cut a piece of tubing to fit around each of the girls’ wrists and then cut a small piece of 3/8 inch vinyl tubing to connect the ends together.  I don’t know what the size of the other tubing is.  I just know that it fits perfectly inside the 3/8inch.  I’m sure you can try and connect them in Home Depot to find the right size.

We used a mini funnel to fill the beads and water into the tubing.  I was surprised at how different they turned out.  Some put A LOT of beads with very little water, which resulted in less movement and more of a solid bead bracelet.  Kaylee only used mini silver beads, and hers has a fun sparkle about it.

Bracelet2

I loved the smile of one of the girls today when her friend asked where she bought her bracelet.  The pride on her face as she said, “I made it myself” made this project worth it!  :)

2 comments:

The Hammond Family Blog said...

My girls also love these bracelets!!! I love how versatile you can make them for the seasons too. We have used glitter red, silver, blue for July, Green and red Christmas, black and orange for Halloween, etc. We have not made them for awhile...I'll have to dig out my tubing!!!

Lisa Petr said...

Super cute idea - tx!