Friday, July 13, 2012

Swimmer

Jacob LOVES to swim.  I don’t know why.  He swims Monday thru Friday, lap after lap, and I just can’t even imagine that being enjoyable.  He LOVEs it though!

JakeEd

Tonight he had a swim meet and Nathan went with me to cheer him on.  In his backstroke he stays under the water for a very long time.  I usually don’t take pictures of him under the water, but tonight I couldn’t resist.  You can see the three boys in the lanes above him are already out of the water and going…

Swim Meet  Then out pops the hand…. (I would be gasping by now)

Swim Meet2 (Here I would be in actual panic drowning mode), but he calmly emerges…

Swim Meet3

A second later he is distancing himself from the others…

 Swim Meet4

Like really distancing himself…

Swim Meet5

Here he is finishing that race.  I wish you could see how completely relaxed and easy he makes the race seem….

 Swim Meet6 

My favorite event of his is the 100 IM.  I feel like all I can do is float on my back, so it is such a treat to see MY son swimming all of the strokes so effortlessly.

Swim Meet0

You rocked that meet Jacob!

4 comments:

Stephen said...

Jacob your awesome!!!!!

Stephen said...

Jacob your awesome!!!!!

tren said...

That's awesome! I WISH one of my kids would be a swimmer, but so far none of them have taken a liking to it. I'm holding out hope for Jillian and Naomi. Tell Jacob "Way to go!" for me.

Unknown said...

I wish you could have seen him Stephen! So many people commented on his performance. You would have been proud.