Sunday, July 15, 2012

15

Jacob turned 15 this week!

Jake3

He requested the layer dessert for his cake, and NATHAN made it!  (There might have been a little bribery going on with that because I REALLY needed him to do it since I had so much going on that day.)

I took him and a few of his friends to YoYogurt and the new Spider-man movie.

It was fun to go with the boys, usually Stephen takes the boys with their friends to movies like this.   I was surprised that I actually liked the movie.  It was the first Spiderman movie that I have ever seen so I can’t really compare it to the old ones.  As we were driving home, I sat there so grateful for all of the good friends that Jacob has in his life.  We are blessed on this one!

We are so glad that Jacob is our oldest and for the example he sets for his siblings.

He loves to read, devours several books at a time.  He is an incredible artist.  We enjoy his talent framed all over our house.  He can also swim like a fish.  I can’t believe how built his upper body is getting from all the swimming.  Jacob also loves to camp and hike.  He has always enjoyed the outdoors.  He is so easy going and quick to help out when he sees someone in need.

We LOVE you Jacob and are SO glad that you are a part of our family!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday Jake! Hard to believe our boys are 15 this year! In my mind they are still those cute little boys in the tub!

Doug and Bethany said...

Happy Birthday!! 15 wow that is making me feel old, let alone his parents. Sounds like you guys are having a fun summer.
doug