Monday, July 16, 2012

Random Summer Fun

 Kaylee has become the queen of homemade ice cream.  She keeps the ice and rock salt constantly going.  Her ice cream on Sunday was soooo yummy!

Ice Cream

The girls and I ripped up some of Nathan’s old t-shirts when he was gone, and made magnet bracelets.   The magnet part is fun to click together.  We LOVE how they turned out!  Here is the tutorial link - Braided Bracelets.   Instead of the rat tail cord I just used some white cotton cording that I had.

Bracelet2

Friends have been so fun this summer.  I am grateful for all those moms taking and having my kids over.  Nathan spent the afternoon with the Slater’s at the Rapids game.  They were able to play out on the field a little.  I knew he was having a blast because Jake’s mom texted this picture to me…

Rapids

We have played a lot of games both inside and outside.  UNO is one game that it doesn’t matter if you are 94 or 4, you can play it!

Cards Cards3 We made some bright thumbprint cards for people.  Rebecca made this cute weight lifter one for her dad.  He is big on lifting weights.  If you haven’t ever checked out any Ed Emberley books, you really should because they are filled with so many drawing ideas to add to your thumbprint.

Thumb

Khan Academy and piano have been going full swing this summer as well.   I know time is flying by, why does it have to go faster and faster?!?!?

3 comments:

momMYsliceoflife said...

Isn't it sad how quickly summer flies by? Its my very most favorite time of the year. There's nothing better than having your babies home in the nest :)

km said...

i love seeing the precious memories of your summertime fun and creativity! I wish I loved summer... but I struggle with the intense heat and humidity. I can't wait until FALL!!!!!!!!

This Place is a Disaster! said...

Khan Academy! I've heard about this lately. Won't you take a moment to exound upon it and tell us your thoughts concerning it?