Saturday, July 7, 2012

the Girl with a Pearl Earring

Rebecca and I spent the day together.  She had a little 3v3 tournament in Castle Rock in the morning.  The girls were so cute in their Wonderwoman t-shirts and headbands, BUT let’s just say they looked better than they played.

Anyway, we were driving home and decided to make a day of it.  Rebecca turns 10 in August and can get her ears pierced.  We decided to do it today so that she will be able to change them out on her birthday.  She was ecstatic!

Anyway, I had to document the day with pictures and as I was looking at them tonight one picture reminded me of a famous painting.  It was a mixture of the headband she had from the morning 3v3, and then the new earrings.  What do you think?

Earrings2

She’s MY girl with the NEW earrings, instead of the pearl earrings.  :)

Rebecca is a little diva like, and I know this new way to accessorize is going to be fun for her.

Earrings3 Earrings4

Sure had a fun day with you Rebecca.  You make ME smile!

3 comments:

Mom said...

I have the movie entitled "The girl with the pearl earring"

You are growing up too fast Becca!

momMYsliceoflife said...

How sweet! My little girl is 3 and can't wait to get her ears pierced (she has a little wait ahead of her) so I bought her some clip-ins this weekend. She loves them and looks so grown up :) Girls are too much fun.

T.Irwin said...

brilliant idea for the photos! And she is too adorable!!!